Tuesday, September 30, 2008

6th Cycle started (with modifications)

I arrived at the clinic and after having blood drawn, they took my temperature, blood pressure and had exam. I was running a slight fever of 99.5, if it is 100.5 I wouldn't have been able to start the cycle I was told.

I spoke with my oncologist and he suggested that we go ahead with the treatment, but he was going to not give me one of the meds that caused the neuropathy. He said that it would not prolong the treatments, as I've already got a good dose of the oxaliplatin running through my system from previous cycles.

Because of this, I didn't need the anti-nausea meds either :)

I asked him about a flu shot and he thought for a moment, then decided that it would be okay to get the vaccine today also. I have had a runny nose, sore throat and cough for the past couple of weeks, but it seems as if it peaked when I woke up this morning and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get my tratment.

Everything worked out okay though and I get 14 more days to let the neuropathy subside. They hooked me up to the portable pump of 5-FU and I'll be back again tomorrow. I was also able to book my next cycle (my 7th) beginning October 14th.

No comments: