Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Annual Checkup - Physical



I got my lab reports back from the hospital and my blood cell counts are good, along with a few other things (good blood pressure, cholesterols, etc) but it shows some vitamin D deficency (chemo might have been a cause?) and an A1C Blood Sugar level that was off the charts. I got a 7.0 and the normal range is 4.7 to 6.1. So I've got to eleminate sugars and some of the things that I've been eating along with getting a little more excercise.

Hemoglobin indicates high risk for cardiac problems and they also reported a *trace* of protein in urinalysis which was circled as abnormal. I've already started on my new lifestyle changes (diet and exercise) and I have a follow up appt next week to review with my primary care doctor.

Next month starts the series of cancer screening again and I suppose I'll get a flu shot while I'm there. Stay tuned!

No comments: