Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Glycemic Index

Today I had my follow-up with primary care doctor and we reviewed
my lab reports. (see last post).

I was told about the Glycemic Index and how I would have to
learn to use it and start walking/exercising on a regular basis.

He showed me my chart and how I was able to get the numbers
down a few years ago through diet and excercise and we agreed
that I should be able to do it again.

Regarding the vitamin D deficiency, I'll be starting on 1,000 i.u.
of vitamin D on a daily basis for three months or whenever I'm
tested next (he suggested late January or early February).

So, he's diagnosed me as 'Glucose Intolerant' which is very
similiar, if not the same thing, as pre-diabetes.

I've got to work on cutting out sugars, carbs and all the good
stuff that I've been eating since my chemo treatments ended.

Next month is more testing/screening with my oncologist and
we're still not sure what we'll have for healthcare come the
first of the year.

No comments: