Thursday, September 18, 2008

Finished 5th cycle today !

It has been a trying week, but today's treatment finishes my 5th cycle and I was able to go ahead and schedule my next cycle for the week of September 30th - October 3rd, 2008. After this next week of treatments, I will have half of my treatments completed.

I heard from one of the oncology nurses that a new anti-nausea patch has recently been approved by the FDA...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzTSB0ffFGHcV9CLa5kt8sTg3LGgD937BU4O0

There are always new meds, methods and treatments coming along to help those afflicted by this horrible disease.

All went pretty good today. The senna is helping with digestive issues more and the redness in my face is from the prednisone which is part of the anti-nausea IV that I currently get at the beginning of each cycle. They told me to keep on the B-Complex and Folic Acid and it would help with neuropathy, but won't take it away. I'm getting used to the routine and know to use gloves and dress in layers when necessary.

No comments: