Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chemo Side Effects

This is my off week to let the body 'recycle' and I'm finding that the side effects from last week's 4th cycle treatments are a bit more nastier and sticking around for a longer period.

The side effects that I'm experiencing are Neuropathy (cold sensitivity and tingling/numbness in fingertips), Constipation (laxatives aren't even helping much), Fatigue, Mouth Sores, Headaches, Bloody Noses, Skin Welts and an aching feeling all over. I have no fever or nausea though. I picked up some Vitamin B-Complex w/Folic Acid to try and help heal the immune system and I'm upping my fiber intake.

In the past, I've been able to tolerate cold drinks with ice and/or ice cream after about the fourth day when the treatments ended. This time, it's been four days and I'm having problems just reaching into the fridge.

I haven't had to take any of the zofran or comparazine (for nausea), so I think it's just the chemo meds coupled with the anti-nausea IV that I get? At any rate, I'll discuss with my oncologist when I go in next week.

No comments: