Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No sleep last night !


I'm not sure what they mixed in that anti-nausea IV that they gave me yesterday, but I slept for a few hours in the late afternoon, then was up until midnight, then I tried to go to sleep, but kept tossin' & turnin', so eventually got up and started playing piano with headphones on.

When I went for today's chemo, I asked my oncologist during my exam and he said it was just the usual anti-nausea meds IV. Then I asked the same question to the oncology nurse that I had and she said it might have been a little stronger with yesterday's dose but it ususally lasts about 3 days.

I took a "baby card" today to give to one of the Physician's assistants, who has been a great source of information and help since my starting chemo back in July, but she wasn't in and my oncologist said she called in with contractions. Her due date is December 25th, so we discussed it as maybe being new and first baby and possibly a false alarm? I guess I'll find out more tomorrow, but I left the card with my oncologist to give to her. I'll be back tomorrow, but she might not be? She had planned on starting her maternity leave at the end of this week anyway.

Today's treatment was the shorter one with just the port flush, unhook the IV lines from the portable infusion pump and connect me to the IVs on the stand. I took some very quiet Christmas music to listen to and felt myself sleeping and starting to snore once or twice, only to wake and open my eyes and see others staring at me. I apologized and told the group that I didn't get much sleep and to just kick my chair if it happens again. One gentleman said that it didn't bother him at all and snore away!

Anyway, finished up the leucovorin and saline, then my infusion pump was filled with 5-FU while they flushed the port and re-connected me to the pump and I was good to go. It really poured today, but it was warmer out. There were some vivid lightning strikes that we could see clearly overlooking Wellesley Hills along with a wind-driven rain.

No comments: