Monday, November 24, 2008

Round TEN has started !

Or 'cycle' ten, although at this point it seems like a boxing match and it's in 'round' ten. It's been a long ride from the hot humid summer days of treatment to the colder fall into winter weather treatment days. I needed gloves and had to dress warm and needed two blankets during treatment today. The nurses are very helpful in that respect.

I had an early appointment this morning and decided to update this blog before laying down for awhile. I went in for bloodwork, then had my exam and then got the 'poke' in the port (for some reason it really hurt today, and a new oncology nurse, maybe a technique issue?), anyway, I'll try to avoid her for the rest of my visits if possible.

After the needle was in and the dressing applied, they started me on the usuals, aloxi and compazine and when that was done, the dreaded Eloxatin (brand name) of oxaliplatin along with leucovorin. After that was finished, they flushed the port and hooked me up to the portable pump of 5-FU (fluorouracil) and sent me on my way.

.

It really knocked me down with today's treatment, more so than I can remember, but I know that the end is near and that helps a lot

No comments: