Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pump Problem

It was another cold day today so I wore gloves and glad I did. My face was very red from the oxaliplatin I got yesterday. This is normal and usually goes away after a couple of days. It was a good visit, good exam report and short infusion then hooked back up to portable infusion pump for another 24 hours.


When I got into my car to leave, the pump started beeping constantly and I noticed it said "shutoff" on the display, so I went back inside and they checked it and re-set it. I hope that it doesn't happen around 3:00am overnight.


The steroids in the meds from yesterday first made me sleepy and I had a nap when I got home. Unable to drink (or even want) cold or room temp beverages, I had a coffee...well...I couldn't get to sleep until after 2:00am....learn from experience...no coffee after mid-day from now on.


My cough and post nasal drip is just about gone. I never filled the Flonase prescription, but the saline nasal spray seemed to work fine with the B-complex and folic acid.


I've accumulated a good sized "med package" that I pull out when I go to chemo now. It includes these items, but not all used each time/cycle :


Lidocaine

Bandages

Medical Tape

Gauze

Anti Nausea Meds

Nyacin Powder (for rashes)

Tom's of Maine drymouth anti-cavity mouthwash

Milk of Magnesia

Senecot

Stool softeners

Antibiotics for certain infections I've gotten.

Saline Nasal Spray

and other prescriptions that I haven't had to fill.

I've probably forgot about some of them too...chemofog syndrome most likely.

No comments: