Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cold and Windchills - 9th cycle continues


Today was the coldest day yet that I had to drive to my chemo treatments. It wasn't too bad driving there at 7:45am (about 35 degrees with a windchill that made it feel like 25 degrees). I wore a winter coat, sweater, warm shirt, undershirt and GLOVES.


Coming home I was shivering the whole way home and couldn't wait to put on an extra pair of socks and a heavy sweater, even though the heat was on and it was 77 degrees inside! The oxaliplatin is the worst chemo med in my opinion. Maybe in the near future they will have something that only kills the bad cells and not the good cells with it?


I came home, got warmer and decided to have a nap. Naps are your friend during chemo infusions. I'm hooked up to my infusion pump of 5-FU and will be going back tomorrow. Due to the numbness in my fingers, this is taking me a much longer time to type, so I'll keep it short and update later in the week.


No comments: