Sunday, August 10, 2008

Infection !

I'm still hoping that this won't prevent me from starting my 3rd cycle of chemo this week, but I woke up this morning with a moderate burning sensation in my chest. After getting up and looking, it appeared to be a bacterial-type infection of some type overlapping the area of my mediport incision and about the size of a quarter.

I called my oncology group and the on-call doctor called in a prescription of oral Dicloxacillin 250mg capsules. Dicloxacillin is indicated for the treatment of infections caused by susceptible bacteria.

I'll speak with my oncologist in the morning and see if he wants me to come in immediately to look at it or wait until I go there for my regular appointment on Tuesday morning at 8:30am. I'm really hoping that I won't need to re-schedule and prolong the treatment plan. I want to get this done by the end of the year,

No comments: