Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Treatments postponed until next week

I went in this morning and my platelet count had come up some, but my white blood cell count was down, so the on-call oncologist requested some tests (more bloodwork) to see if there was an underlying cause.

The doctor said that usually they see these kind of numbers after a patient's 5th or 6th cycle and it is unusual to see after only two cycles. So, he is recommending to my oncologist (who is away this week) that the chemo dosage be dropped to 80% and will have the "extra" test results back next week as well.

I had a hunch that it would be postponed and didn't even put on any of the numbing cream (lidocaine).
So, I'll finish this week with the antibiotic for the infection and hope for a better week, next week.

No comments: