Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Treatment Delayed today :(

I wasn't able to continue treatment/infusions to day because of
1.(infection/blood ozzing from incision above port) and
2.(platelet count was low).

They sent me back to the interventional radiologist group and the doc cleaned, sutured and dressed the infected/open incision area. Only stings a little bit.

So, I go back tomorrow morning for bloodwork and see if they can proceed with the treatment.

I knew it was too good to be true, I had finally got an early appt for chemo today and wasn't able to get the infusions. The first day of the folfox treatment is the longest and I was hoping to get in and out by around noon time. Oh well, I can only trust that my oncology team (and I say "team" because my oncologist is away this week and he runs the oncology dept/clinic) is making the best decisions for me.

No comments: