Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Smooth sailing again...

I had my second treatment today of cycle 3 and all went well. My oncologist asked me if I've noticed my face being red (as it was today) and I told him that it always seemed to have a "sunburned" look for the first few days after the Oxaliplatin. He said that we'll just keep an eye on it.

While there in the infusion room, I met another guy about my age who is finishing his 12th cycle this week. He was also a stage III colon cancer patient. He is so happy to have made it and told me that week 10-12 were "very trying" but he could see the light at the end of the tunnel and he strived to make the last 3 cycles and finally made it. He said that the neuropathy was pretty intense in his feet, but not so much his fingers. I wished him well. He finished his treatment before mine and left. It was good to have someone to talk to that I could relate to for a short time today while being infused.

It's not a big deal though, I read or listen to mp3's, or sometimes just close my eyes and rest. It is an extremely busy clinic, but all of the doctors and nurses are very good to work with and offer advice and answer any questions that anyone has.

No comments: