Thursday, August 21, 2008

25% or 1/4 Mark

I had a good day today at the chemo clinic. They examined me and went over my bloodwork pathology and told me that I don't need to come in next week.

They flushed the mediport with saline and a heparin block, then dis-connected me from my portable infusion pump and took the needle of the port. This is one of the greatest feelings during my chemo journey!

I was told that everything is looking good to continue treatments in two weeks. I went to book my next cycle and it happened to be September 2nd, the day after Labor Day and completely booked, so I had to go with September 3rd, 4th and 5th. This will be a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, but I got all three day's appointments at 8:40am.

The nurse practitioner told me to enjoy the fine cooler weather and by Sunday, the neuropathy and metallic taste should be weak enough to be able to enjoy an ice cream or a cold beer. Hmmmm ???

No comments: