Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008 - Checkup

It continues to be warm/hot and very muggy, but I'm getting used to room temperature foods and beverages (part of the neuropathy side effect). I suppose that it could be much worse.

I went for my bloodwork and checkup today at the oncology clinic (this is an "off week" = no infusions) and I had been scratching my left side for a couple of days. The doctor noticed that I had developed some kind of rash that looks like the beginning of hives on my upper left chest and continuing under my armpit to some areas on my back. They said that it could be related to the platelet counts or maybe just a heat rash.

At any rate, they gave me a prescription for nystatin to apply three times a day. They also told me to call if it spreads or gets worse. If all goes well, I'll start my second round of chemo next Tuesday. They didn't want to schedule anymore appointmens until they see how I do on the three days of infusions next week.

No comments: