Wednesday, July 16, 2008

2nd Day of Chemo (First week session)

Since my treatment plan (Folfox) is a 3-day every other week curative approach with just bloodwork done on the off-weeks, after this week, I will only be posting one weekly update unless there are some unanticipated issues that come up that I feel might help someone who is reading this blog because they have or know someone in the same situation.

Today went pretty well and not quite as long because they only did the sign-in bloodwork and then about a two-hour transfusion of Leucovorin followed by a quick injection of 5-FU and refilled my holster-pump of 5-FU which will be injected over the next 22 hours again.

I had a little bit of neuropathy side effects (cold sensitivity) to ice cream and beverages with ice, so will keep an eye out for that. One of the oncolgy nurses said that by Saturday, it might not bother me as much? They had told me that the 5-FU would/could cause diarreah, but so far it hasn't, although I may get constipated from the anti-nausea meds they told me. Mostly the combined major side effect I'm feeling is fatigue and chemobrain.

No comments: