Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Round 11 (of 12)



Well, I'm into my ELEVENTH Round of chemotherapy now. My oncologist told me today that the neuropathy will probably still be evident for another several months. For that reason, they will be doing follow-up bloodwork, CEA blood tests, PET/CT scans and mediport maintenance.

It went okay today and some of the nurses came by to "remind" me that the end is near. It's nice of them, but I don't need to be reminded. I'm kinda/sorta at the point where I've had enough. It will be great to be disconnected for the LAST time and to eventually have the mediport taken out of my chest.

That said, I still don't want to get ahead of myself because any little thing can change the schedule and/or progress, which has been very good so far with only one setback that delayed treatment back around cycle 5 I think?

No comments: