Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Time


"Tis the season...I'm trying to keep a positive outlook, but I haven't done much shopping for Christmas gifts yet and next week is my 11th cycle of chemo. Stress and anxiety are kicking in.

Many have told me that the last two cycles can be the toughest with the cumulative side effects of the oxaliplatin mostly. It's also getting a lot colder and I'm already wearing layers to keep warm.

The neuropathy, fatigue and digestive tract "issues" seem to be the worst, as they have been since starting chemo. I can't feel the little "bumps" on the "f" and "j" keys, so typing is slow and I have to keep going back to correct things.

I'm also trying to add my guitar parts to an annual Christmas collaboration project that I've been doing for the past three years now. This year's song is "Please Come Home For Christmas" and is dedicated to the military troops overseas and to others who haven't been able to get home for a long time. I'll post a link to the song when it's finished.

No comments: