Thursday, December 11, 2008

Round 11 Finished - One more to go !!!



Today's treatments went well and the doc's report was very positive sounding. I had the mediport flushed, talked about some of the follow-up procedures and then was disconnected from "the pump" for the second to last time!

I have a dual mediport implanted and when I go for follow-up they will flush BOTH ports with the 4" needle at the same time. I'm glad this is only every 6-8 weeks or as needed depending on a variety of factors. At least I have piece of mind that I won't be leaving attached to the pump.

So, it looks really good for December 22nd, 23rd and the grand finale on December 24th (Christmas Eve). I'll have to take a cake, cookies and stuff for the oncology nurses and doctors. I feel very fortunate to have had a very compassionate and professional team of physicians and nurses during this whole journey.

No comments: