Saturday, October 4, 2008

October 4th - 2008

I've reached the halfway point of my chemo treatments but this week has left me with a few more 'strange' side effects.

I continue to have a lot of nasal congestion and spitting up phlegm as well as some body sores and mouth sores which I'm treating with Tom's of Maine anti-cavity and drymouth mouthwash and Nystatin powder for the welts/sores.

I'm tolerating it as well as can be expected though and just take it one step at a time. I think that the remaining treatments are going to be a little bit harder on my system and I'm trying to prepare myself for the changes that come with the colder weather such as cold sensitivity (neuropathy).

It's such a strange experience going through chemotherapy. Between the chemobrain syndrome and the constant changes that I've been experiencing, I never know what to expect when I open my eyes.

On a side note, we stayed up and watched the Red Sox win the second game of the A.L. Division Series against the Angels last night and looking forward to game 3 at Fenway on Sunday night. Go Sox!

No comments: