Friday, October 23, 2009

The *new* Healthcare Options




Well, we only have about another week left in October and our healthcare administrators have decided to switch our HMO Blue to an 80/20 plan. This means all tests including bloodwork, xrays, scans, even a flu shot would only be covered at 80%and we pay the 20% balance. This is not a good deal with my frequent bloodwork, tests and scans. My next PET scan in April will cost me approx $2200 out-of-pocket, yet there are people who have just come to this country with no healthcare who get free medical coverage. What's wrong with this picture?

My gut feeling is that this is just the tip of the iceberg of what will be soon forthcoming if the government tells us which doctors we can see and when.

HMO Blue is also changing their name to New England Network Blue and will be sending out "new" cards which will confuse the billing people even more.

I'm still contesting a bill that I received as a $100 co-payment because it was coded wrong by the hospital (so my healthcare administrator says).

Other than that, The Patriots play Tampa in London tomorrow and the World Series (Baseball) might even start in early November...brrr.

Have a good weekend! Next weekend is Hallloween...stay tuned for chilling videos!

1 comment:

Reverend Lowell said...

Hmmmmm, I have HMO Blue. I'm scheduled for a routine one year Cat Scan on my leg by-passes. I've gotten one every November for eight years. Each time it has been a Twenty dollar co-pay. Of course we get our Health Care through the Hospital Maureen works at. No changes in coverage so far. Who knows?

Be well - and sing!
Bob