Monday, June 15, 2009

"Fighting Cancer is a lifelong deal..."



Very true words indeed, that a fellow blogger and cancer survivor, rotorhead (Charles) had posted on his blog!

Being in remission sounds great, but fighting cancer is somewhat like any fight and you are seemingly left with scars, wounds and images that you will never forget.

Be it scar tissue/adhesions, nightmares or whatever, it seems to never really go away, but I DO believe that it makes you a stronger person for it. I chose the video for this post specifically because it is a song that I've always liked, it's played by a great guitarist (Bill Frisell) and was sent to me by a friend who is now going through chemo to fight a form of Leukemia.

Never give up!!!

1 comment:

Mike Jones said...

Hello,

Thanks for sharing.

I have a friend that’s fighting stage 4 colon cancer so I know what a dreadful disease it is.

I had my first colonoscopy at age 50. A polyp was found and removed. I’m now 58 and I had my second colonoscopy a few weeks ago. Nothing was found this time.

I just want to remind and encourage everyone to get screened for colon cancer. The procedure itself (colonoscopy) is not painful, with the possible exception of the I.V. The preparation the day before is a little inconvenient. Plan to be close to a bathroom.

The ‘official’ guideline is to have a colonoscopy if you are older than 50 and every 10 years thereafter. That is, if you’re at average risk. Check with your physician. Schedule an appointment today!