Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Fighting Cancer is a lifelong deal"



The title above is a quote from another cancer fighter whose blog I've been following. You can see a link on the right side (Rotorhead's Cancer Blog).

Charles is a military chopper pilot and keeps an interesting blog.

It's been 2 1/2 weeks since my chemo ended. I'm still having a lot of neuropathy and tingling/numbness in my fingers and feet along with gasto-related issues. I have my first follow-up visit on January 21st.

We've been getting snowfall just about every weekend since the new year started. I'm starting to envy the people who are in warmer climates.

Anyway, I'll update after my follow-up visit and we'll see what the next steps of the journey will be.

4 comments:

Rotorhead said...

My neuropathy got worse for about a month after I completed treatment (sep), and has just now started to abate. I still have to wear slippers as my feet always feel cold, but otherwise I'm good to go.

Glad to hear you are finished treatment! Did you do anything to celebrate? I got me some new toys (surfboards and windsurfing gear). Maybe that '63 RI strat?
-Charles

Anonymous said...

I have too many guitars and amps, but I did get a Korg Toneworks Pandora PX5D audio interface :)

I won't really celebrate until after all of the CEA bloodwork, PET scan and follow-up scope results (about May/June?).

So your neuropathy lasted 3 or 4 months...that's what they told me to expect too.

Best,
-Mike

Rotorhead said...

I have a PX4, which I got after I gave away my PX2. I love it but the connectors are getting static-y. Would you recommend the PX5?

Anonymous said...

Charles -

I'd HIGHLY recommend the PX5D!

Listen to the song on my Soundclick page (linked to my blog as website) and the second tune is called "Chopper Chase". It was all done with a guitar and synth and both through the PX5D!

Amazing little device!
-Mike