Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Surgeon and Surgery

We met with the surgeon, who was highly recommended, and discussed my situation. It was agreed that the sooner the better. I had a date for the pre-op and surgery in a matter of a few days.

The pre-op seemed standard procedure (bloodwork, blood pressure, lots of questions, etc) I had to start the "cleansing" that same day (I had just done this for the colonoscopy about a week ago, so I knew the routine). I then got my pre-admission instructions for surgery.

The next day we arrived at the hospital at 9:00am and registered. I was then eventually moved into the pre-surgical area to be hooked up to IV and vital signs taken, etc.

The surgery began about 10:00am and lasted until 2:30PM. They were waking me up as they were moving me to a recovery room where I was held for another two hours. I had severe chills and some discomfort from an epidural I was given along with the anesthesia and was wrapped in warm blankets.

The surgeon was able to perform the resection and told me that everything went fine. I was admitted and moved into a hospital room a little while later.

No comments: