Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Primary Care Doctor

It was not a very good weekend for me or my family as we didn't know what would be happening next. We had an early appointment with my primary care Doctor first thing after the holiday weekend.


He gave us printouts of the radiology reports and discussed what was probably going to happen next. The reports indicated that indeed I did have Sigmoid Carcinoma and would need surgery and then some kind of chemotherapy.


The findings on the reports also indicated that I had "moderately severe descending diverticulosis" and that some lymph nodes showed signs of possible cancer. There was also mention of some incidentals that showed some FDG uptake in my tonsil pillar area believed to be scar tissue from a very old surgery (tonsilitis) and a low density lesion in the liver was probably a hepatic cyst and no focal lung, liver, spleen, pancreas or adrenal FDG uptake.


I was then referred to a surgeon and oncologist.

No comments: